PIPE FUSER-NATUAL GAS
Pipe Fusers have the responsibility of constructing and installing HDPE or plastic gas piping systems of all sizes, by means of fusion. Pipe Fusers also modify, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, clean, and maintain new and existing underground gas distribution piping systems and related equipment, following specifications and using hand and power tools. The Pipe Fuser is essential in communicating with other team members regarding the excavating activities associated with installing the pipe, to ensure work is performed safely and efficiently.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
Including but not limited to the list below.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Construct, install, and maintain piping systems, appurtenances, and equipment for natural gas utilities.
- Join plastic polyethylene piping by means of fusion, electrofusion, or mechanical coupled joints.
- Installation and replacement of existing HDPE gas mains & services.
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting.
- Layout of pipe, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints.
- Locate existing pipes needing repair or replacement.
- Verify specifications by performing quality assurance tests.
- Cover pipes with earth or other materials, and compact using compaction equipment.
- Work safely around backhoes, excavators, trenchers, and dump trucks, and fusion equipment including heating irons.
- Load and unload equipment and materials.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Assist equipment operators by hand digging, and locating underground obstructions as needed.
- Work with specialized equipment including line stop machines (Pinchers), tapping machines, fusing machines, and other necessary tools.
- Inspect and test pipe systems for leaks.
- Assist the equipment operator to dig trenches to desired or required depths, and proper slopes.
- Maintain documentation per customers’ requirements
- Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
- Awareness of working near roadways, understanding traffic control, and knowledge of Blue Stakes laws and safety standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by crew Foreman, or project Superintendent.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
- Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in underground utility construction work is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Obtain DOT/Dominion Energy Fusion Certification
- Obtain OQ Certification.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
Das-Co of Idaho offers an exceptional benefit package including:
- Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
- Ability to work around live natural gas lines.
APPY TODAY AT DASCOIDAHO.COM
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
- Competitive wages
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
- 401 K and Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)