Dasco of Idaho, Bighorn Traffic Services, a Whitaker Company is hiring for Flagger /Traffic Controller.
The Traffic Controllers (Flaggers) are responsible for controlling and maintaining the flow of traffic around construction sites. The Traffic Controller places warning and detour signs, position traffic cones and barricades, and informs the construction crew of any safety hazards. Usage of large directional signage to inform and direct motorists and pedestrians when to stop or proceed slowly through work zone areas. Flaggers may be required to answer questions regarding traffic delays and detours.
Roles and Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Follow safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site-specific safety plans when performing all activities.
- Perform work safely around heavy equipment, vehicles, and people, at all times.
- Produce high quality work, in a safe manner, at all times.
- Perform clean-up in connection with worksite, tools, and equipment.
- Comply with all safety policies, procedures, and standards of safety.
- Move from job to job as projects progress, and to meet the needs of the business.
- This job requires a Flagger Certification. Must be able to obtain a Flagger Certification within 2 weeks of employment.
- Valid Driver's License is required and must have reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
- Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Display a willing attitude to learn from others.
- Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Actively aware of surroundings near traffic, and to maintain safety and distance from potential hazards such as underground utility lines, overhead utility lines, other equipment, and other workers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Supervisors may assign other light duties and responsibilities.
Our Company offers an exceptional benefits package including:
- Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal business hours, including emergency work.
- Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time without scheduled breaks.
- Able to work in outside environments subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success
- Competitive wages
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
- 401 K and Match
- Paid Time Off ( PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)