NOW HIRING! Job Summary: Roles and Responsibilities: Physical Requirements: Apply Today at DASCOIDAHO.COM
Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operators are highly skilled individuals that operate and maintain various types of construction equipment; including but not limited to Loaders, Backhoes, Trackhoes, Compactors, etc. Heavy Equipment Operator duties include digging trenches for pipe laying crews, to install or repair sanitary sewer, storm drain, culinary water, or irrigation supply lines. The Operator assists ground crews by rigging and maneuvering trench shoring boxes or slide rail shoring systems into trenches. A working knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in sanitary sewer, storm drain, culinary water, and irrigation construction work is essential.
Including but not limited to the list below.
• Follow safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site-specific safety plans when performing all activities.
• Ability to proficiently operate three or more pieces of equipment such as Loader, Backhoe, Trackhoe, Compactor, etc. in a manner to prepare the jobsite to meet the required grades.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently, while producing high quality work.
• Locate utilities and other buried lines or structures prior to digging.
• Inspect equipment and general work area prior to the start of any job.
• Perform routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and operate equipment without damaging it.
• Operate heavy construction equipment for the installation of sanitary sewer, storm drain, culinary water, and irrigation lines in a safe and proficient manner, meeting production goals.
• Load trucks with materials, rock, and dirt with various types of equipment.
• Understanding of soil types and how they affect the work being performed and the hazards they present.
• Knowledge of construction stakes and grades, and dig line regulations.
• Actively aware of surroundings near the equipment to maintain safe operation and distances from potential hazards such as underground utility lines, overhead utility lines, other equipment, and other workers.
• Maintain the flow of work under minimal supervision.
• Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored.
• Assist Construction Laborers with labor duties.
• Other light duties and responsibilities may be assigned by supervisors.
Skills and Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Any vocational training is strongly desired.
• Those with an education and/or work-related credential from a secondary or post-secondary educational system will be given preferred interview status (Precision Exams, NOCTE, etc.).
• A minimum of 3 years of heavy equipment operator experience with multiple types of equipment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong knowledge regarding the operation, safety, and maintenance of equipment being used.
• Ability to safely operate equipment around utilities, field personnel, structures, property, etc.
• Ability to read and understand drawings, specifications, safety, and quality standards, and effectively utilizing all tools and equipment relevant to the work.
• Ability to detect unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment and work environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in sanitary sewer, storm drain, culinary water, and irrigation construction work.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to get to and from work.
• Able and willing to work long hours including day, night, weekend shifts as needed, and work outside of normal hours.
• Able to walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
• Able to work in outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards.
• Good hand to eye coordination.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
DAS-CO OF IDAHO, a Whitaker Company, offers an exceptional benefits package including:
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Employees earn shares in the company – All employees have ownership in the company and its success.
• Competitive wages
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Supplemental Insurance
• 401 K and Matching
• Paid Time Off
• Quarterly Incentive Program (profit sharing)
• Referral Bonuses
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Roles and Responsibilities:
Apply Today at DASCOIDAHO.COM